Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites



Contact me


Name:
Location: India

A mom,a Software test engineer and a writer.










Moonlight Rendezvous
Toast to Parenthood
My life,my hope,my future
Tips & Tricks to effective Parenting
Linda's Sweet,Sour and Bitter
Vicky & Chloe's site
ContentedMom
Autopsy of Ann
Slavery Bliss
All about your Child
Sarah's Daddy And Mommy

My Diary

Rachna Says

What Am I Doing



Directory of Parenting Blogs

Thursday, May 22, 2008
Finally we'll meet
Hi FolksStarting my first blog ever with an article which I wrote for HT. It got published a week after my son arrived in this world and gave me all the happiness. So here goes my first piece of work:

You're such a part of me.
Can't wait to hold you in my arms,
And hug you tenderly.
No matter what you look like,
You're beautiful, my love,
A precious gift bequeathed to me,
From heaven far above.
Each time I feel you moving,
My heart is filled with joy,
I'm counting every moment,
Till you're mine at last, my sweet
It won't be long until your birth,
Then finally we'll meet.

How wonderful it is to see your own projection venturing into this world. It always amazes me when I think about how a mass of cells develops inside a women's womb and magically life starts evolving in it. It’s the biggest change a woman ever has in her life. Everything changes- your body, your mind, your relationships, your career, your responsibilities. It can be very overwhelming to know that you are responsible for a tiny little baby who cannot do anything by himself/herself. It is you who are going to nurture and grow him/her into adult. This little bundle of joy may be difficult to handle initially but the kind of bond they share with their mothers can be with no one else. When the baby starts responding to mother's small gestures, I think that's when a women starts feeling like a mother, her maternal instincts come into play. People say that kids tend to take patterns of their mother's talking style even in their crying. Mothers need to get to know their babies and pick their cues and behaviors to know what a baby wants when. It can be very taxing on your relationship with your partner because he is so used to getting your attention every time and then suddenly he won't be getting it. That's the time when you need to take care of both the fronts with sparing sometime for yourself as well. You need to develop a relationship with your child, take care of the bond with your partner and taking care of your emotional well being. Your partner needs to be really supportive and caring during all these times. Managing home, career and baby actually require a lot of self-belief and I believe every woman has the endurance to go through all the taxing situations and come out as a winner. Sometimes while being a juggler of tasks, one may feel a little incompetent and I think its perfectly normal due to so many changes around but no need to panic because as time will pass, you will again be back on track, having full control over your life.
Having a baby is a basic human experience, and as such is shared across cultures and centuries. It makes one feel a part of the world in a way that nothing else does. Each mother and baby is unique and each one of us needs to find her own style of mothering. Each stage has its own blessings and pressures – but a baby can help us to love unconditionally and spontaneously. It is a huge growth experience that changes your life and your values forever.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home