Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites



Contact me


Friday, May 30, 2008
Patience revisited
Tough job at hand. No,I am not talking about your work place,its about raising your sweet little angel. A baby although a bundle of joy yet a nuisance at times. The reason apparently is language barrier. He cannot understand you and you cannot understand him.Its just like a Japanese talking to an Indian(no puns intended),both don't know what they are talking about but they keep on talking. The only thing that comes handy when interacting with a baby is patience,and that too filled to the brim. The first one year puts you to a real test of motherhood because you could hardly make out why a child is behaving the way he is .When he is happy,not an issue but when he is crying,which we dub as no reason,could be a very big problem for him. I always thought of myself as the most patient person around but I realized how easily my fuse blows away when I became a mother. I am still learning the art of calming myself down when my baby defies every boundary,every limit I have put on him.He is here to explore,to see,to know and he will do what he wants to even if you put him in a cage(virtually ofcourse).

So what I am learning out of this one year of struggle is let go,stay calm and try teaching him with patience and love.You will many a times fail,the challenge is to be at peace with yourself and with the baby. When you feel you are going to burst, stay away from the baby. Babies although not knowing our language at this age can easily sense the anger. Hand over the responsibility for sometime to your husband or anyone whom you can trust with the baby. Relax and then go back with a revived smile to take over. Be as playful, as loving as you can be. Invent newer ideas to keep him away from the things you do not want him to pick or play with like divert his attention with his favourite toys . Music is what works for my baby, you can also find some alibi.
This way,you can keep yourself in your senses and can raise a healthy and happy baby.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

well i used to thought i am the most patience person on earth...till my baby comes along and she tested my patience hahaha...
at times, i could really lose my temper...*sigh*

August 4, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

Oh yes... i tell you these kids are adorable but when they come to test your patience,they do it up to the brim..
you are not the only one who loses temper,I should say,welcome to the club.. :)

August 5, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home