Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites



Contact me


Monday, July 21, 2008
Making bath fun time
Although my son kept floating in water aka amniotic fluid for 9 months, but the first touch of water when he came out was not really rosy for him. He used to cry at the top of his voice and if it would have been possible, he would have ran his way out of the bathtub. And to be honest, I was not happy. I thought “ everyone likes water, what’s the matter with him”. What I didn’t realize that its actually his reaction to something alien.

Then I started looking out for techniques to make him friends with water. He initially didn’t liked the voice of filling the bath tub, so I decided to bring him in the washroom only when his tub is ready and somehow it seemed to appeal him. And now.

Here he is trying to catch the stream of water.

Instead of wetting him completely in one go, I made him touch water, then put it on his feet, hands.legs and then complete body. It allowed him to get familiar with the temperature and it worked.
Making him ready before the bath also helped. Following the same routine and speaking same words “Its time to take bath” allowed him to know that its time. And I observed, that he seemed to start enjoying it.
That’s when I decided to get a pool for him. And when I first put him inside his pool, his reaction was, if he could speak, “Oh My God, Mom where am I?” I think it’s the same with everyone, a child or an adult, change is not easily accepted. So I used a trick. He loves to play with his ‘Rock –A- Stack’. So I took its rings and put them in the pool.



When I brought him in, he was so excited to see his favorite rings in there, that he wanted to jump in.

See how excited he is.

Luckily, the toy he loves the most is waterproof and I could easily put that in water.
Now I am planning to get some goodies for his pool, squeezies, glow worms and most importantly mugs. This would help improve his motor skills.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

wow, he looks enjoying his bath, my son also like to play with water..

July 22, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Hi Jaanvi, thank you for dropping by my place. How you found me? Yellow pages? Ha ha.
Re you cute baby, here tey bring to the swimming pool and by 2 years old they become 'water babies'...swimming like fishes before can walk well.

Anyway, being a mother is one of the highes salaried jobs in any field, since the payment is pure love.
You keep well and have a great week....drop in anytime, nice to have a 'friend' from your country.
Best regards, Lee.

July 22, 2008 at 7:20 PM  

All my children absolutely love playing with water. Becareful, once hooked you might not be able to get your son out of the pool :)

July 23, 2008 at 5:08 AM  

Hello Uncle Lee
Well I don't know the meaning of U in your initials but I interpreted it as uncle he he.. :) Well regarding how I found u,don't u know its all over news papers lol...

Thanks, and u really put it right,if motherhood requires 24*7 support,it is definately the highest paying job.. :) and u have no regreats of staying away from home.. :)
Do keep coming to my blog.I would love to have all your support.

July 23, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

I've linked you in my blogroll :)

July 23, 2008 at 6:28 PM  

Hi Jaanvi,
Your son is sooo cute.
My youngest just loves to bath. I give her some small buckets to pour water and play with the bubbles. Bath time is also her fun time:)

July 24, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

Hi Jaanvi,
Really nice of you to drop by my place.
You know...a baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten and the future worth iiving for....

Have fun, Jaanvi. Oh ya...I'm not following you re your mentioned...quote, "Well regarding how I found u,don't u know its all over news papers lol...".

I'm curious...can enlighten me? Ha ha. Lee.
Drop in tomorrow if free...will be posting a new one.

July 24, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

Well I was just joking taking your comment further quoting " yellow pages".
I found your comment on a fellow blogger's blog and felt curious to visit your blog.
Ya will surely do that... and I really like your insight on babies..
I hope to exchange links with you.

July 25, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Hi Jaanvi, goahead, lets get engaged, *winks*, I mean getting linked up, ha ha.
Thanks for the enlightening, ha ha.
Appreciate your kind thoughts at my place...
You keep well and have a nice day, and oh ya...please call me 'Lee'....we are friends now...getting engaged ad all that, ha ha. Lee.

July 25, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

Hi,
Saw you over Lee's blog. Your baby is so so cute:) How old is he? Should let him try out at the pool when he get use to this little of his:) I'm sure he'll love it. My girl will scream if I take her out too early from her bathe tub. I guess she hasn't had enough yet...:)

July 25, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

Thanks Linda
He is 9 months old.A good idea,I will take him.Ya I am also feeling that if I get him out early,he starts doing blah blah blah.. :) Oh these kids are sop wonderful.

July 26, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

ohhh your son is about the same age with my baby rachael...
ahhh, i love his adorable big eyes! such a cutie...

August 4, 2008 at 7:22 PM  

Hi Jaanvi,,,here i am finally...as a new blogger, i was struggling to get onto your blog...not knowing where to click..silly me...wow, you son is absolutely gorgeous..!! will keep coming back...till then....

www.homeminister.blogspot.com

August 14, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home