Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites



Contact me


Monday, July 28, 2008
My experiments with chicken and kids

Few days back, my niece visited me. Like many children, she was also very choosy about what she will eat and what not. One thing was clear after seeing her likes and dislikes that she was a game for junk food and I was very disappointed on seeing her eating habits.

On a lazy Sunday, she was insisting badly on going out to have burgers. I somehow persuaded her to stay at home by bribing her with her favorite toys and stuff and promised to cook some really fantastic things for her. Although, not really convinced, but she agreed. And here I was, sitting and wondering what to make which does not require me to roast in the kitchen for the whole day, which is nutritious and she should find it delicious.

Bingo, came up with the idea of making chicken pineapple salad and chicken kathi rolls. Very healthy, nutritious and yummy. I went to the near by store and got all the ingredients. For me, they were so easy to prepare and for her believe me, they were lip smacking.

I think kids like good-looking food, which is different from the routine stuff. And for mommies it becomes a challenge to have correct blend of nutrition, taste and looks for that matter :)
I look forward to do some nice experiments so as to give healthy food and inculcate healthy eating habits in my little son.

For now, here comes my chicken pineapple salad:



Juicy chunks of chicken with even juicier pineapple mixed in generous amounts of mayonnaise (you can use hung curd as well to increase the nutrition factor) is sumptuous.

And here are the chicken kathi rolls:


Piping hot paranthas covered with beaten egg, having succulent pieces of chicken are heavenly when eaten with green dip or sauce.
You too enjoy the treat :).

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Hi Jaanvi, anymore of that delicious looking chicken salad.
Gosh! It sure looks good...looking at it I think I should be able to polish off...hmmmm, 5 pieces? Ha ha.
When you make fish head curry let me know, *wink*, Lee.

July 30, 2008 at 1:45 AM  

ya sure Uncle Lee.. :)

July 31, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

Hi Jaanvi, thanks for dropping by my site!

wow...The chicken kathi rolls look yummy..I'm sure the kids will love it and your baby's soooooo cute!!!
Well, I am not a mother, yet but I love babies very much...hehe ;-)

July 31, 2008 at 2:44 PM  

The chicken rolls look so yummy! Yeah.. it's not ez to prep food for picky eaters. Am vy thankful the kids don't give this 'uncreative' mommy food probs. LOL
Ur son is sooo cute, with vy big round eyes.

August 3, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

ah u can realy cook! creative..it looks yummy!
and ur boy from other post is cute!

August 3, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

Thanks Monica and slavemom
chicken rolls are my favourite too...

@ cbenc12
Thanks,ya I have to be creative if in case my son also grows up to be choosy and picky he he...

August 4, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

wow...first time seeing pineapple with chicken...must try it one day!
nice combination :-)

August 4, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

Very tempting...

August 5, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

look delicious and sure u r a good cook..

August 5, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

Hey andrewjune

U must try it,its delicious... :)

Thanks Hazel

August 5, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

Hi Jaanvi, just dropped in say hello. How you doin'? Busy?
You have a great weekend and keep well, Lee.

August 8, 2008 at 1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home