Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites



Contact me


Friday, December 26, 2008
Christmas holiday
I don't consider myself a movie buff but once in a while I do like to go to theaters and have a big screen experience. From the last 2 years I wasn't going out for movies.In pregnancy I read somewhere that babies inside may get frightened by so loud sounds and after that was not sure how my son would react in theater. I let go of many good releases in two years because i thought I would be spending more time outside the theater pacifying Maks (my son) than inside. After all being a child never means sitting at one place for 2-3 damn hours.

The Christmas holiday was coming and we were thinking what to do, my hubby then proposed,"lets go a catch up a movie". It was a good time because a very nice movie of my favorite actor was releasing.I was dreaded at first by the suggestion, but the thought of Aamir Khan, my favorite actor, forced me to think twice and finally I agreed to break this 2 year long hiatus and believe me I was not even a bit dissapointed. The movie, Ghajini, a typical bollywood movie was superb and performance of Aamir Khan was simply fabulous. Although his dialogues were so limited, yet he conveyed everything by expressions and that too remarkably. And what added to my happiness was the fact that Maks really did not created any fuss and allowed me to enjoy the movie. I took the advantage and treated myself with not one but two movies,how opportunist I am .... :) ya but other one in the comfort of home. I watched Slumdog Millionaire. Wow! what a movie it was. Very well directed and some exceptional performances by lead actors as well as their child counterparts. A movie made by a foreigner,tapping the right nerves of India.

So this is how I spent my Christmas holiday. Ohh! I forgot to mention a photo session of my lil Santa and a sumptuous Christmas cake... :)



Here is my lil Santa looking out of terrace for probably real Santa :)
How was your Christmas ?

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

Good little boy to give mommy a nice break.

December 26, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

Yeah! What a nice Christmas you had.

Mine was a simple one...but most importantly, I enjoyed it.

December 27, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

good to hear u had a wonderful xmas!

mine was great too! :)

December 27, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

Looks like there'll be more movie outings in the future. ;)

December 29, 2008 at 12:48 AM  

wow, u really have a fantastic Christmas...

December 29, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

hi jaanvi! yup, i did get confused when i looked at your name but now i know. :) nice blog u have here! we too watched 'slumdog millionaire' in xmas holidays. good one! we're yet to watch ghajini and nitin's insisting that we watch it in a theater so am again waiting for this long weekend. :)

i loved your previous post! i felt bad when i left my job and came here to be with nitin. but now i know how important it was for me to be here, spend quality time with him, and of course, prepare some good food for him! :)

December 29, 2008 at 11:24 PM  

Oh he is so cute in the xmas hat. Happy New Year to you and your family :)

December 30, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

Hello Jaanvi,
Here's wishing you and family the best of Seasons greetings and a very happy new year.
May the New Year bring you much happiness, sunshine and laughter and the best of health.
Best regards, Lee.
ps, thank you for being a friend to me.

December 30, 2008 at 8:09 PM  

Happy NEw Year!

December 31, 2008 at 8:05 AM  

Aamir Khan fan huh! I kinda like him too and watched some of his movies when I was dating an Indian guy!

What say you about Shah Rukh Khan?

January 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Hiya Jaanvi, thank you for visiting my blog and here's wishing you the best of new year 2009 :D

January 5, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

Good to know Ann that u know about Aamir Khan. He is such a fine actor. About Shahrukh khan, i think he sometimes fails to understand the thin line between acting and overacting.

January 5, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

I've heard of this actor before but have not seen his movie though. Hope you will have more movie outings in the future. :) Here's wishing u and your family a Happy New Year!

January 6, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home