Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites



Contact me


Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I wanna play
I have become very lazy lately. Its may be because I stay at home. I always try to take my son to park so that he mingles around but I usually fail miserably as I am not at all a regular. I feel so enthusiastic one day and then don't even mumble the word "park" for a week or so.
But guess what, who is now pushing me... my 15 month old son.

Maks is growing more and more independent and cries in the evenings and do all the weird things to signal that he wants to go out. If he could speak, he would have turned the house upside down yelling "I wanna play... I wanna play...". When bell rings, instead of me, he is out there to welcome the guest or rather push the guest away and go out himself. My hubby is now on the job of taking him to park although I too join them once in a while.

The first day my hubby went to the park, he felt really embarrased. He was the only dad there, and was thronged by so many moms... :) he was happy though... :) But nevertheless both of them enjoyed themselves... Maks now has a routine of going to park and take rides... He loves see-saw and sliders... And we love to watch him play and lost in his own world.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Every kid love playground. Actually I find it's a good outing, a good way to build their muscle, stability & etc.

January 21, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

At 15, their favourite word must be playground....or else GO OUT! Go anywhere also can!

The world is big and huge with loads of things to explore! Now if only they can give us half their energy level.

January 21, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

hi Jaanvi, how are you ? good that daddy is participating in Maks'activities - good bonding session. Have you settled down with being SAHM for now?

January 21, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

@Contentedmom

ya for now, I am happy being a SAHM. I thin kit is worth spending time with my son when he needs me the most.

@Ann

Ann I can't agree with you more. They want explore the world in one day.

@Vicky

ya, there are so many kids in the play ground when you go and all of them in engrossed in doing one thing or the other.

January 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

Awww... he shouldn't be embarrassed, he should feel so proud of himself, cos' it takes so much more out of a man to be a child-carer....

he is doing what most men are NOT capable of doing!

January 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

hey Jaanvi, thanks for dropping by.
Interesting site u've got here. Lots of thoughtful parenting tips.
I agree with your last post...patience patience patience...is what a parent need :)

January 21, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

my son too always wanna to play outside but i am too scare of the "nyamuk Aedes"

January 22, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Kids just wanna have fun and play! After spending his day in the house, it's good to let him run around and play with the facilities in the park. It's good that daddy is joining in the fun. But do beware of mosquitoes in the park (if there are any).

January 22, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

@Angeline

I will surely let him know your thoughts. He is a fantastic father :) Inspite of being embarrassed the first day, he takes him to the park regularly and I just love him for that apart from so many other reasons :)

@4malmal

ya you need patience in abundance with kids around. you just can't do without it.

@Hazel

You can't always keep them captivated... they need to go out.. as a mother, it also concerns me but letting him go once in a while gives him the much needed pleasure and idea of world around him.

@Fussy mum

I am glad that my hubby is joining in. yes I do take care of the mosquitoes but thankfully, the park is very nicely built with a rather cordoned play area.

January 22, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

Sweet of his Dad to accompany him to the park :)i guess it's a rare sight cuz i mostly see kids with their Moms in the park and Dads in the pool :)

January 23, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

@Dubu

It is rare sight but I guess more and more dads should grab to this idea... It is a perfect bonding time between father and son.

January 23, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home