Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites



Contact me


Monday, January 5, 2009
Mysterious life
There is something about weddings,engagements that tend to uplift your mood. I usually become so peppy as if its my own. As usual I was very upbeat because there was a very close friend's brother's engagement few weeks back. They have to go to another city for that. Although I was a bit tied up,so couldn't go, but my hubby did went there and I was so jealous. He had a very good time. Next morning, the phone rang. My hubby picked it up. I don't know what the person on the other side was saying but I found him completely shell shocked. I asked him and he didn't responded for a while. My heart started pounding so heavily that I could hear it in my ears. I shook him and asked him again, he took hold of my hand and told me, that our friend has met with an accident and is in the ICU. I just couldn't speak a word. "How could it happen? Yesterday only,they were all merry making and suddenly.... What could have gone wrong?", I started thinking without blinking an eye.

We went to the hospital,his brother then explained everything.Somehow they decided to leave for their place that night only after engagement. Our friend was driving accompanied by his cousin brother at front seat and at the back seat were his cousin brother's wife,their 6 month old and his own wife. In the dead of the night,a truck came from nowhere,colliding sideways, causing the car to turn and hit from the left side to the rear of the truck. The impact was so high that the cousin's wife who was sitting just behind him, hit her head and went into comma that very moment. They were immediately taken to the hospital. Our friend's jaws got broken,face disfigured but at least he was there with his family and his wife almost escaped unhurt with just few scratches. The fate took a very bad turn for the cousin's family. The cousin found his ball-socket joint of thigh and pelvis completely damaged. The granny tried to take care of the 6 month old ,he was crying endlessly,no one knew what happened to him. No visible injury was there so they thought its just the absence of his mom. But when he started veiling badly,they got him examined and found his two ribs crackled.

Life is just so unexpected. One moment you are happy and enjoying, the other moment fate has some other plans for you. I can't help but think, what the future holds for that 6 month old who even before coming to his senses is seeing his parents in such a state, mom in a deep slumber and dad who cannot pick him up and tell him,that everything is all right. That night everything changed for them,life just went for a roller coaster ride.
Today is only the time you have,this very moment is what is yours. That's why they say,treat everyday in your life as if it is the last day and live it to the fullest. Don't miss a moment. Hold your children,your loved ones close to you and tell them how much you love them. Life experiences make you stronger and this incident made me realize the importance of everyday,every moment.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

I am so sorry to hear about the accident that happened to your friend and his loved ones. It's just so true that life is unpredictable and your post here reminds me of how important it is to treasure our everyday's life with our loved ones. Thanks!

January 6, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

Jaanvi,

Tell us more about the 6 month old if you know his condition again. I really concern of him. How is his rib crack? I feel so sorry to know about this accidence.

January 6, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

So sorry for the accident of your friend.

January 6, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Hi Sheoh Yan

The baby is fine now and living with his grandparents.. these incidents bring you even more closer to your family.....

January 6, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

So sorry to hear abt this accident that happened to ur fren n his cousin's family. It's true, life's vy fragile n we must treasure every moment we hv.

January 6, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home