Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites



Contact me


Sunday, May 10, 2009
Happy Mother's Day
Just a hug, just a smile
Just a ring across the miles
Unconditional gift of love, care
The warmth of compassion and ability to share
That's all what a mother needs...

Being a mother has taught me what nothing else in the world can... unconditional love. The day I held my son in my arms, tears rolled down my cheeks and i thought to myself,"how can anyone be so innocent, so sweet." It was love at first sight. The nights I spent feeding him showed me that even when I didn't receive a smile in return or even if he couldn't recognize me, how unselfish and giving love can be. Nothing can match the feeling of seeing your own extension moving freely in this world.

Motherhood is a celebration of life,love and all the byproducts that come with it,a little scolding, sometimes rejection but at the end a feeling of completeness.As they say, since God cannot be everywhere, He made mother. Mothers are special. We are strong enough to go through all the pain in the world to endure childbirth and still come out with a feeling of satisfaction and heart full of happiness. We have the courage to carry the weight of entire household on our frail shoulders and do so with a smile on our face. We have the will power to go on even when everyone else loses hope and serve the family in health and in sickness. We have the patience to listen to our children's anxieties and give them the right advice even when it means 'I don't
care' attitude from them. We have the power to love our children in times of happiness, grief, hurt, anger, frustration, success and failure.

Most of all, a mother is a gift from God and all those who have her are the most fortunate and the truly blessed. Ask them who are living their life without the love and support of their mothers and I am not talking about only orphans here.

To all my friends all around the world who are mothers and also those who are about to embrace this special gift of life, Happy Mother's Day. You are the one making a big difference in this material world with the inherent qualities of humanity and compassion.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

what a lovely post on mothers day, Jas! reading it brought a huge smile on my face. :) mother's love is the greatest love on earth and can't be defined!

happy mothers day to you!! :)

May 11, 2009 at 2:32 AM  

Nice Thoughts Dear and the true feelings...Good going towards motherhood...

May 11, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

Very nice & true thoughts.
I was watching a news channel y'day that was meeting those mother's whose children have left them. Mother's were feeling low but still sending the message through TV channel to their children that she still love them. I found tears rolling in my eyes too.
Mother's are really God gift and everyone should praise this gift.

Happy Mother's day to all.

May 11, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

Happy Mothers' day! Thanks for popping over. I meant to visit you more regularly. Hope you and bb are keeping well! God bless

May 11, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

Happy Mother's Day to you Jaanvi.. :)

May 11, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. Happy Mother's Day to you too :):)

May 12, 2009 at 6:22 AM  

touching thoughts....

Happy Mothers' Day to you Jaanvi!

May 12, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

Nice post! Cheers to motherhood...

Happy Mother's Day to you Jaanvi!

May 13, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

hi..coming by here for the first time..happy mother's day to u..

May 14, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

Hi Jaanvi, The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.
She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
Have fun and enjoy your kid.
Best regards, Lee.

May 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Jaanvi
Happy Belated Mother's Day to U........

May 23, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home