Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites



Contact me


Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Virtue of happiness
My son loves to watch cartoons. His favorite are Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck especially when they are dancing and not to forget Richie rich. To my surprise, he likes the dog and not the boy in Richie rich. Nevertheless he enjoys cartoons so much that sometimes he laughs out loudly just by seeing them jumping around (not doing any funny act). And I wonder, what is so funny? It is not only the cartoons, you give a weird expression, cover your face with your hands and start playing hide and seek, these kids giggle so wholeheartedly that the entire day brightens up.

In this fast paced life, how often we take the time out and laugh out loud or do the things that we love to do the most. It can be going on a picnic or just watching the sun rising or playing with the kitten or dog in your porch, the small things that used to give so much of happiness to us as a kid, as a matter of fact even now. With the whole day governed by the the hands of clock, getting up at 6, preparing kids for school, packing hubby's lunch, struggling to make and get them eat breakfast, putting them on bus, picking them up as the clock strikes one, lunch hour, resting for a while, playtime, dinner time, life is so mechanical. We often forget to relax and smile.

I don't want to wake up one day with wrinkles on my face and regret that I could have enjoyed life a little more, I may have done the things other way around. I want to do it now, and live my life to the fullest, i want to start enjoying those small moments again that used to give me so much pleasure. I want to laugh out loud. Do you too want to make the most while the sun shines. I bet you do.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Oh defintely....in fact I was talking to my colleauge who also has kids about this...and so I now play with him in the evenings in the porch...looking at ants and birds retunring home...or take him out to the park to run around a bit...it takes little time but the effect is rewarding - sleep early!!! :)

April 8, 2009 at 6:06 AM  

Ya agreed and I hope everyday is my sunshine day. But sometime do get headache on office work. Just try to solve out and don't bring it back home. I do not wish my girl facing a grumpy mom at home :)

April 8, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

@Ann

You are right.. the results are really rewarding and satisfying.

@vickylow

That is really a good thought of you to leave your office tensions behind. The kids wait for their parents to come home and have fun with them as much as they do..

April 8, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

we should have our own time..

April 9, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Yes, most of the time we are so preoccupied with living and surviving, we forget to stop to smell the roses.

April 9, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Great post, Jaanvi. Thx for the reminder. Life's short. Make the most out of it.

April 10, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

Thanks for dropping by my site! Agree what you say in the post! smile and laugh and get happy everyday!

April 11, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

Hi Jaanvi, live your life with no excuses, love with no regrets.

Live your life like there's no tomorrow, and when tomorrow arrives, you will know you have had your yesterdays.

And add two spices to your daily life called humour and laughter, it keeps wrinkles away.
Have fun, best regards, Lee.

April 13, 2009 at 3:44 AM  

Yes, we ought to treasure every special moments with our loved ones cos we won't know what tomorrow will brings.

April 14, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

Nice post, Jaanvi. Those special times of simply watching sunsets, or a short stroll, those are seriously the best. Sometimes life just catches up with you and you need to stop and slow down, enjoy the small stuff. :)

April 15, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

Life is short and we must remind ourselves to treasure our loved ones each day!

April 15, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

Nice post Jaanvi. Thanks for reminding me on the possible extra wrinkles on my face:)I certainly agree with you that's why I try to record as many happy events / moments as I can in my blog. My blogs is the place I visit when I'm down and it never fail to enlighthen me:)

July 16, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

Hi Jaanvi,

I need some help on parenting. I am currently doing my child care course as u know, I need to find out the way different culture groups guide their child's behaviour. I hope u can contribute some tips to my assignment:) If u hv some time to spare, kindly reply to my email at lindalow.pru@gmail.com

Thanking you in advance:)

July 16, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home