Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites



Contact me


Friday, June 11, 2010
Hope And Happiness
Life brings you surprises one after the other – some pleasant and some not so pleasant. When my son was born, it was the most beautiful gift I could ever think of but when it came to basics of motherhood (that includes feeding, cleaning), I was in for a huge surprise. I couldn’t imagine my life surrounding a little soul and I was doing nothing but spending my time taking care of him. The storyboard changed from the ambitions of a young working independent girl to a brooding mom changing diapers. I had the biggest identity crisis of my life until I took hold of the situation. The real strength of character lies in how you deal with what life dishes out to you. You cannot plan your life except waking up in the morning at 6:00, making breakfast and sending children to school … What if someday, your alarm chooses not to ring (for whatever reason)?

There are people who constantly blame situations, people around them for the bad happenings in their life (Believe me, I was also one of them at one point of life). If they feel so strongly about life being not fair to them, why don’t they do something about it? It is alright to be sad but life is not about gaining sympathy or finding comfort in tears. It is about laughing out loud with the most optimistic thoughts and having the fighting spirit despite all odds.

I have come across many people in life who inspired me but at the same time those too who bogged me down. The art lies in keeping the inspirations close (as I have by marrying him ;-))and pessimists a little away from you. Like everyone else, I want my son to grow as a happy person and for that I have to lead by example. Children are like sponges who absorb everything that comes their way. The first experience of course comes from the parents. So live your life with hope and happiness and pass on the same values to your little ones.


Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Yes without hope our life will be miserable. Live life till fullest and treasure our love one.

June 14, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

Hi Jaanvi, hey..it was really a very nice surprise you returned to my place. Thank you for remembering.
I do not have a link and thus unable to keep in touch with your blog.

Nice posting about being a mother. Kids grow up fast, enjoy them today include the diaper changing, the cries at nights, the for no reason of throwing tantrums, your hard stares, your sighs, his smile, your laughter....
and the best feeling in the whole world, your baby hugs you or sleeps in your arms.

You just live your life the way your parents did with you....and bring up your kid the way you want him to be...and he will exceed your expectations one day.

I was a son I guess the nightmare of every mother, but my mother never gave up hope I one day will be what she hopes for.
And I did not disappoint her.
You have a nice day and keep a song in your heart, Lee.
ps, I have another lovely Indian lady/mother callsign 'Rachna' my regular visitor.

June 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

@Uncle Lee

Thanks for the encouragement... I just hope to make him a fine human being and strive every day to achieve that....

June 16, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home